What My Parasitology Course Taught MePosted: October 18, 2011
- By god, I’m glad I’m a vegetarian. And I don’t care how good, how traditional raw meat dishes (kibbeh, sashimi, steak tartare) are, just don’t do it.
- Never, ever going swimming in a lake again. Especially in Africa.
- Never setting foot in Africa. (malaria, sleeping disease, giardia)
- Never drinking untreated water. Even if it’s a developed country.
- Before this class, I swear I never heard anyone mention Trichinella, Coccidiosis, or Dermacentor before. Now I hear it everywhere around me. I’m either in way too many An Sci classes, or before I learn something it goes out the other ear and I don’t pick it up.